All Roads Lead to Creativity
All roads lead to creativity, especially when 200 artists converge on the streets surrounding City Hall on November 23 – 24. Join us for a weekend full of color and creativity celebrating the artistic spirit of Houston. After seven successful years, the Via Colori ® Street Painting Festival, presented by LINN Energy, has grown into one of Houston’s signature art events and it remains the only street painting festival in the region.
Last year the FREE festival attracted more than 30,000 attendees with its art, live music, activities and food and drink. Via Colori benefits The Center for Hearing and Speech, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping deaf children listen, speak and read.
Celebrate the art and music explosion of Houston Via Colori before it all washes away.
Saturday, November 23, 2013 – 10am to 6pm
Sunday, November 24, 2013 – 10am to 5pm
Houston Via Colori will captivate your senses. Learn more about it:
2013 Festival Highlights
- 200+ large chalk murals spanning 3 city blocks
- Performance art productions throughout the weekend
- Six massive 3-D Murals depicting the Cornerstones of Houston, seen from special viewing platforms
- Via Bambini Children’s Art Area and Via Apprendista Student Art Exhibition
- Live entertainment on 3 stages
- Activities for all ages
- Fine food and beverage vendors and samplig
History of Houston Via Colori
In 2006, The Center for Hearing and Speech(CHS) introduced Via Colori®, The Street Painting Festival, to the city of Houston. Created to celebrate the Italian Renaissance art of street painting, this annual event raises funds for CHS and increases awareness about hearing loss and services available for deaf children.