Listen and Gab Group
When: Fridays from 5 - 6 p.m.
Who: Girls between the ages of 11 to 15
Where: The Center for Hearing and Speech - 3636 West Dallas, Houston, Texas 77019
What: The Listen and Gab Group is a support group for hearing-impaired girls between the ages of 11 and 15. This girls' club is a unique opportunity for pre-teens and teens to talk to their peers and discuss the challenges of living with hearing loss in a hearing world.
Some of the topics include:
- Who Am I? /My Journey
- Body Image/ Self-Esteem
- Choices / Goal Setting & Decision Making
- Rumors, Teasing, Relational Aggression, and Reaching Out
- Clear Thinking/ The Power of Positive Thinking
- Healthy Relationships / Friendships
- Stress/Physical Activity, Eating Habits and Feeling Good
- Popularity, Cliques & Fitting In
- Celebration of Our Strengths
For more information or to find out how you can sign up contact Rosalia Vazques, LCSW at 713-523-3633 ext. 122 or at firstname.lastname@example.org