We are excited to announce that this year’s festival theme is “70 Years in Color.” The Center for Hearing and Speech is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, so we encourage each artist to create their piece based on a specific year or decade within the past 70 years.
Examples of artwork concepts:
- Portrait of a historical figure from 1950 till today
- A historical event from 1950 till today
- A landmark established between 1950 and today
- Retro design or pattern
- NO MORE THAN 3 ARTISTS PER TEAM FOR ALL SQUARE SIZES. No more than 3 artists on each team will receive a t-shirt, free festival entry, breakfast/lunches and program recognition. If you are a teacher artist and would like to have more than 3 student artists assist with your square, please contact Janine.
- Artwork must be appropriate for public viewing and family friendly.
- Artwork will avoid political statements.
- Artwork will contain no words or symbols intended as advertising or promotion. Logos are acceptable when creating the sponsor's signage only.
- Artwork may not violate any copyright laws.
- Please add the year/decade that inspired your chalk art on your square.
Criteria for all artists is based on:
- Commitment to the festival and The Center for Hearing and Speech
- Artistic experience
- Past performance (if applicable).
- Individual artists must be 18 years of age or older (For artists under 18 please check out the Apprendistaopportunities to get involved through your school).
Please complete these steps to apply:
- Submit the online application below
- Email two (2) images of your work to email@example.com*Please note: Applicants will not be considered until we receive both the application and (2) images of work.
Please complete the application below. Your previous work with Via Colori will be used.
SQUARE SELECTION and SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
We have a limited number of street painting squares available and spots will be assigned as artists and sponsors are confirmed. You are able to indicate your square size preference in the application below but this is not guaranteed UNLESS you are able to secure a sponsor for your square.
- Do you work for or know of a company that would sponsor your square?
- Would a friend or family member support your artistic endeavors to help children with hearing loss?
*Finding your own sponsor guarantees you a spot on the pavement! Click here for information on sponsorship.
The Via Colori Artist Coordinator will contact you via email shortly after we receive your application and submissions to confirm your participation.